Well, Silvio wouldn’t be Silvio if he just left silently without a fight and so far he hasn’t conceded defeat. It does appear though that the centre-left coalition of Romano Prodi has won the Italian election with a razor-thin margin.
Italian leftist coalitions are unstable by definition. This time the populous mandate is weak at a time when the young Italian nation is being challenged by stagnating growth as well as increasing domestic tension. Formally Prodi has won a five year term. I wouldn’t be surprised if we have turmoil within five months. So if he really wants this job, Silvio Berlusconi would be well-advised to stick around for a while.
(some of) my events
- 2018-05-28 Informationssäkerhet för ledare (teaching course, Luleå)
- 2018-05-23--25 Teknisk informationssäkerhet (teaching course, Stockholm)
- 2018-05-17 Three Capabilities in a Crisis (guest lecturing at Mid Sweden University, Östersund)
- 2018-05-16 Info.säkerhet är inte "någon annans problem" (lunch seminar at Mid Sweden University, Östersund)
- 2018-04-18--20 Operativ informationssäkerhet (teaching course, Stockholm)