Former Prime Minister Carl Bildt speculates on the uphill battle for the Swedish Social Democrats.
At the moment, the opinion polls are giving the ruling Social Democrats 34-35% support. When they lost power in 1976 they achieved 42,7% and when they lost in 1991 they achieved 37,7% - so obviously, they are in a rather difficult situation.
As they had 39,9% in the 2002 election, it looks very likely indeed that Prime Minister Göran Persson will finish his political career with a rather substantial defeat for the party.
Full post here.
others on persson val2006 historia
(some of) my events
- 2018-10-03--05 Operativ informationssäkerhet (teaching course, Stockholm)
- 2018-09-05--07 Strategisk informationssäkerhet (teaching course, Stockholm)
- 2018-05-23--25 Teknisk informationssäkerhet (teaching course, Stockholm)
- 2018-05-17 Three Capabilities in a Crisis (guest lecturing at Mid Sweden University, Östersund)
- 2018-05-16 Info.säkerhet är inte "någon annans problem" (lunch seminar at Mid Sweden University, Östersund)