I've tested live-tweeting recent seminars, on BCM and Key Management.
Commenting as an event unfolds serves several purposes. It helps spread the word to absent friends. Taking notes publicly makes me concentrate on what might matter to others and gives me a chance to offer my value judgments.
Are there any cons? Nothing (even remotely) sensitive must get forwarded beyond the room. Then again, who would be sharing secrets in an open seminar?
Do you see other benefits or drawbacks with live-tweeting?
(some of) my events
- 2018-05-28 Informationssäkerhet för ledare (teaching course, Luleå)
- 2018-05-23--25 Teknisk informationssäkerhet (teaching course, Stockholm)
- 2018-05-17 Three Capabilities in a Crisis (guest lecturing at Mid Sweden University, Östersund)
- 2018-05-16 Info.säkerhet är inte "någon annans problem" (lunch seminar at Mid Sweden University, Östersund)
- 2018-04-18--20 Operativ informationssäkerhet (teaching course, Stockholm)