Sometimes, security is portrayed as a technical matter. Choose this or that mechanism and be safe.
In reality, security is about taking a stand. There is nothing neutral about protecting something or someone from something or someone. The choice could be easy, like in safeguarding the confidentiality of patient information from unauthorized eavesdroppers. It could also be controversial, like in helping one party listen in on the lawful activities by another party.
Security is anything but harmless.
(some of) my events
- 2018-10-03--05 Operativ informationssäkerhet (teaching course, Stockholm)
- 2018-09-05--07 Strategisk informationssäkerhet (teaching course, Stockholm)
- 2018-05-23--25 Teknisk informationssäkerhet (teaching course, Stockholm)
- 2018-05-17 Three Capabilities in a Crisis (guest lecturing at Mid Sweden University, Östersund)
- 2018-05-16 Info.säkerhet är inte "någon annans problem" (lunch seminar at Mid Sweden University, Östersund)