I've tested live-tweeting recent seminars, on BCM and Key Management.
Commenting as an event unfolds serves several purposes. It helps spread the word to absent friends. Taking notes publicly makes me concentrate on what might matter to others and gives me a chance to offer my value judgments.
Are there any cons? Nothing (even remotely) sensitive must get forwarded beyond the room. Then again, who would be sharing secrets in an open seminar?
Do you see other benefits or drawbacks with live-tweeting?
(some of) my events
- 2019-05-15--17 Teknisk informationssäkerhet (teaching course, Stockholm)
- 2019-04-09--11 Operativ informationssäkerhet (teaching course, Stockholm)
- 2019-03-27 Beyond the Static InfoRisk Assessment (presenting at Åre Risk Event)
- 2019-03-06--08 Strategisk informationssäkerhet (teaching course, Stockholm)
- 2019-02-07 Säkerhetsarkitektur - ingenjörskonst eller hantverk? (hosting seminar in Falun)