Organizations want to (appear to) be ethical, thus avoiding bad publicity. 3 problems with this (semi-)noble goal.
There is no universal ethics, no standard for right and wrong.
Ethics cannot be imposed by decree. Proclaiming common values does not make common values. Management sets the tone but it's down to the integrity of co-workers.
Ethics is not about publicity. It's about doing right when there are no witnesses and I could get away with anything. Ethics begins with you and me, here and now.
(some of) my events
- 2018-10-03--05 Operativ informationssäkerhet (teaching course, Stockholm)
- 2018-09-05--07 Strategisk informationssäkerhet (teaching course, Stockholm)
- 2018-05-23--25 Teknisk informationssäkerhet (teaching course, Stockholm)
- 2018-05-17 Three Capabilities in a Crisis (guest lecturing at Mid Sweden University, Östersund)
- 2018-05-16 Info.säkerhet är inte "någon annans problem" (lunch seminar at Mid Sweden University, Östersund)