I used to think of info classification as a useless over-simplification. Information has unique properties which couldn't be reflected by association to predefined classes.
Sure enough - having info represented by classes is a simplification. But these days I see merit in the practice.
Classification fosters dialogue about the sensitivity of info. A process owner might not know his security requirements but I can get him started by asking: where is integrity more important - for info type x or type y?
(some of) my events
- 2019-04-09--11 Operativ informationssäkerhet (teaching course, Stockholm)
- 2019-03-06--08 Strategisk informationssäkerhet (teaching course, Stockholm)
- 2019-01-29 Certifierad informationssäkerhetsarkitekt, del 1 (co-teaching course, Stockholm)
- 2019-01-10 Certifierad IT-arkitekt (guest lecturing, Stockholm)
- 2018-12-13 Datakommunikation och IT-säkerhet (guest lecturing, Högskolan i Gävle)