How do you manage the unknown?
For starters, make it part of your risk work. Risk is the potential for events with impact on your goals. Focus on low-likelihood events with high impact on availability. This is Continuity Risk - your continuity compass.
Have it integrated with your Risk Management. Identify, describe and quantify. Use your history, known events which could have a higher impact if repeated. How bad could it get on a rainy day? Analyse and treat. You know the drill. Expect the unexpected.
(some of) my events
- 2018-05-28 Informationssäkerhet för ledare (teaching course, Luleå)
- 2018-05-23--25 Teknisk informationssäkerhet (teaching course, Stockholm)
- 2018-05-17 Three Capabilities in a Crisis (guest lecturing at Mid Sweden University, Östersund)
- 2018-05-16 Info.säkerhet är inte "någon annans problem" (lunch seminar at Mid Sweden University, Östersund)
- 2018-04-18--20 Operativ informationssäkerhet (teaching course, Stockholm)