Implementing something is about solving a problem, finding a workable technical solution, showing that it can be done.
Establishing something is about making it happen in the real world. Communicating the implementation to stakeholders, gaining their acceptance, understanding and commitment to use it. Integrating it into their processes, making it part of their business-as-usual.
From firewalls to access control models - implementing is not establishing. Security folks should ponder the difference.
(some of) my events
- 2019-04-09--11 Operativ informationssäkerhet (teaching course, Stockholm)
- 2019-03-06--08 Strategisk informationssäkerhet (teaching course, Stockholm)
- 2019-01-29 Certifierad informationssäkerhetsarkitekt, del 1 (co-teaching course, Stockholm)
- 2019-01-10 Certifierad IT-arkitekt (guest lecturing, Stockholm)
- 2018-12-13 Datakommunikation och IT-säkerhet (guest lecturing, Högskolan i Gävle)