Information Security is about protecting info.
What about disinformation? What about intentional leaking?
Sometimes, we must protect ourselves against information. These are clearly security issues concerning info. So, are they matters of Information Security? Technically, yes.
The typical impact is a compromise of correctness/integrity or confidentiality. But there is a world of difference between an embezzler and a hostile government. For new Threat Sources with new motives we'll need new defences.
(some of) my events
- 2020-03-10--12 Northern European Conference on Emergency and Disaster Studies (attending conference, Östersund)
- 2020-02-05--08 Folk och kultur (attending convention, Eskilstuna)
- 2020-01-16 Certifierad IT-arkitekt (guest lecturing, Stockholm)
- 2019-12-12 Datakommunikation och IT-säkerhet (guest lecturing, Högskolan i Gävle)
- 2019-11-21--22 Samlingsforum 2019 (attending conference, Nyköping)