Information Security is about protecting info.
What about disinformation? What about intentional leaking?
Sometimes, we must protect ourselves against information. These are clearly security issues concerning info. So, are they matters of Information Security? Technically, yes.
The typical impact is a compromise of correctness/integrity or confidentiality. But there is a world of difference between an embezzler and a hostile government. For new Threat Sources with new motives we'll need new defences.
(some of) my events
- 2019-05-15--17 Teknisk informationssäkerhet (teaching course, Stockholm)
- 2019-04-09--11 Operativ informationssäkerhet (teaching course, Stockholm)
- 2019-03-27 Beyond the Static InfoRisk Assessment (presenting at Åre Risk Event)
- 2019-03-06--08 Strategisk informationssäkerhet (teaching course, Stockholm)
- 2019-02-07 Säkerhetsarkitektur - ingenjörskonst eller hantverk? (hosting seminar in Falun)