One of the co-founders of Greenpeace is reluctantly agreeing that nuclear power remains our best hope for cutting down emission of greenhouse gases. Carl Bildt comments on an interesting article.
"More than 600 coal-fired electric plants in the United States produce 36 percent of U.S. emissions -- or nearly 10 percent of global emissions -- of CO2, the primary greenhouse gas responsible for climate change. Nuclear energy is the only large-scale, cost-effective energy source that can reduce these emissions while continuing to satisfy a growing demand for power. And these days it can do so safely."
We have wasted so many years wishing that something ”better” would be available shortly. Meanwhile the global warming continues and accelerates.
(some of) my events
- 2019-04-09--11 Operativ informationssäkerhet (teaching course, Stockholm)
- 2019-03-06--08 Strategisk informationssäkerhet (teaching course, Stockholm)
- 2019-01-29 Certifierad informationssäkerhetsarkitekt, del 1 (co-teaching course, Stockholm)
- 2018-12-13 Datakommunikation och IT-säkerhet (guest lecturing, Högskolan i Gävle)
- 2018-12-05--07 Teknisk informationssäkerhet (teaching course, Stockholm)